Wednesday, January 20, 2010

...And then we went all Topsy Turvy




My hairdresser's daughter recently turned the magical 16 and her daughter loves anything funky, oh and the 80s (Really? I lived through the 80s and I could definitely live without the clothes). Non-the-less, I wanted to make her something special since you only turn 16 once.

This is a what I call Funk. Three layers of my own version of Confetti cake with vanilla buttercream icing and wrapped in Marshmallow Fondant (yummy). The circles, zigzags, and stripes are all fondant that I air brushed in various bright colors and the trim of the cake are gum balls. In the photo I have the cake does not include the glow sticks as you see in the rendering, since the mom had them in her possession at the time of delivery. However, when I do get the picture, I'll post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment