Monday, February 15, 2010

Traveling Man...with a cake


There is a saying that sidewalks build communities. It is true, at least in my neighborhood for the most part. Often you can walk by my house and catch a whiff of something baking or cooking in the kitchen. I try not to make people drool too much and constantly share my creations with neighbors.

One great neighbor and his girlfriend have tasted pretty much every creation I have made so when Leslie's birthday rolled around, I was asked to make her a cake. Though it was a simple cake for the most part, it would be a traveling cake- in a cooler, hidden from the birthday girl, on a four hour journey to Lake Tahoe.

K&C Challenge: Make this cake DURABLE!!

And we did.

This cake is a variation of my Great Grandmother's Sour Cream Cake recipe, but with Confetti. For the frosting I made the Outrageous Mocha ButterCream.

After simple decorations, I placed it in the freezer for four to five hours to help prevent any damage as it was in transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment